Accommodation Review and Community Consultations
Information from accommodation reviews and community consultations for District School Board Ontario North East will be posted on this page.
Purpose of the Accommodation Review
The Ministry of Education and Training has established new criteria for the determination of the Board's pupil accommodation grants which use a separate formula to determine grants for school operation, school renewal and for new pupil places. As a result of the new criteria, the Board may from time to time require additional space or may have surplus space within a school, schools which may be consolidated or schools which may be surplus to the needs of the Board.
It is essential that the Board operate its school facilities in the most, effective, efficient and economical manner and within the total of the grants provided for school operation and any other revenues attributable to school accommodations while still offering a quality education to its students. In accordance with this requirement, District School Board Ontario North East will review all school facilities within the Board's jurisdiction on an annual basis.
- There are currently no schools under accommodation review
- There are currently no schools under community consultation
Previous Reviews & Consultations
- Frank P. Krznaric Whitney & Golden Avenue Public SchoolsAccommodation Review – 2013-2014
- Proposed Move of Grade 7 & 8 Students to RMSSCommunity Consultation – 2013-2014
- French Immersion School – Bertha Shaw Public SchoolCommunity Consultation – 2013-2014
- Haileybury Public SchoolCommunity Consultation – 2011-2012
- Foleyet Public SchoolAccommodation Review – 2010-2011
- Gogama Public SchoolAccommodation Review – 2010-2011
- Cobalt Public SchoolAccommodation Review – 2010-2011
- Charlton-Savard Public SchoolAccommodation Review – 2007-2008
Last updated: July 10, 2014