Accommodation Review and Community Consultation
Information from accommodation reviews and community consultations for District School Board Ontario North East will be posted on this page.
Purpose of the Accommodation Review
The Ministry of Education and Training has established criteria for the determination of the Board's pupil accommodation grants which use a separate formula to determine grants for school operation, school renewal and for new pupil places. As a result of this criteria, the Board may from time to time require additional space or may have surplus space within a school, schools which may be consolidated or schools which may be surplus to the needs of the Board.
It is essential that the Board operate its school facilities in the most, effective, efficient and economical manner and within the total of the grants provided for school operation and any other revenues attributable to school accommodations while still offering a quality education to its students. In accordance with this requirement, District School Board Ontario North East will review all school facilities within the Board's jurisdiction on an annual basis.
Accommodation Review – Haileybury Public School
Information regarding the pupil accommodation and review of Haileybury Public School will be posted here.
- Municipal Presentation Slides October 21, 2015
- Letter to Parents – Notice of Accommodation Review October 22, 2015
- Initial Staff Report Revised October 21, 2015
- Notice to Ministry, Co-Terminus Boards, Local Municipalities and Community Partners October 7, 2015
- Media Release – Accommodation Review to Begin October 7, 2015
At the Regular Board Meeting on Tuesday, October 20th, the following dates for the accommodation review process were approved by the Board:
- Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 6:30 pm (at NLBO) – Initial Accommodation Review Committee (ARC) Meeting
(With further meeting dates to be set by the ARC)
- Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 6:30 pm (at HPS) – First Public Meeting
- Monday, February 1, 2016 at 6:30 pm (at HPS) – Second Public Meeting
- Final Staff Report – Wednesday, February 17, 2016 (posted to website)
- Public Delegation – Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 6:30 pm Regular Board Meeting (at SBO)
- Final Board Decision – Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 2:00 pm Special Board Meeting (at SBO)
- Locations: HPS – Haileybury Public School; NLBO – New Liskeard Board Office; SBO – Schumacher Board Office
The following correspondence is available from the meetings:
- There are currently no schools under community consultation
Previous Reviews & Consultations
- Frank P. Krznaric Whitney & Golden Avenue Public SchoolsAccommodation Review – 2013-2014
- Proposed Move of Grade 7 & 8 Students to RMSSCommunity Consultation – 2013-2014
- French Immersion School – Bertha Shaw Public SchoolCommunity Consultation – 2013-2014
- Haileybury Public SchoolCommunity Consultation – 2011-2012
- Foleyet Public SchoolAccommodation Review – 2010-2011
- Gogama Public SchoolAccommodation Review – 2010-2011
- Cobalt Public SchoolAccommodation Review – 2010-2011
- Charlton-Savard Public SchoolAccommodation Review – 2007-2008
Last updated: February 5, 2016